Mason Jar Mania

Mason jars seem to be all over the place these days with many people looking for a little "southern flair" or antique twist to a party or event. I've always loved mason jars because they are so versatile. You can literally use and reuse them as many times as you want and they will never go out of style. The new trend is to turn the typical mason jar into several different things: sippy cups, redneck wine glasses, light fixtures...you name it, somebody's made it. Here are some of the ways I've been using mason jars lately...

1. Flower Vase
Remember how I hosted a Bridal Luncheon for my friend Kirsten? Well, rather than go out and spend money on new flower vases for our table settings we decided to use mason jars. Not only did they look adorable, they also stuck with the country wedding theme. A special thanks went to my wonderful father for putting them all together!

2. Dump Salad
One of my friends told me about this idea and I think it is fabulous! I would always bring salads to work in a tupperware, but always had the dressing dilemma. Do you go with no dressing, bring it on the side, or add a dash in the hopes that your salad isn't soggy by noon? The solution my friends? The dump salad. The name is rather off-putting, but I can't help but love it in concept! You simply put your salad dressing at the bottom of the mason jar with all the fixin's and then put the lettuce on top. When you are ready for your salad, just "dump" the container out on your plate and voila! Hence the name.


3. Baked Goods
One of my favorite pastimes is baking. Being gluten free however, I can't eat most of what I end up baking. I'm always looking for fun gluten free treats and puppy chow is one of my favorites! For those of you who are wondering, "What is puppy chow?", it's rice chex cereal with peanut butter and chocolate then covered in powdered sugar...Yum! I bought baby mason jars and filled them with puppy chow as little gifts, it wasn't very expensive and they turned out so cute! 


4. The Redneck Wine Glass
This picture speaks for itself. Who doesn't love America, mason jars, and wine?


"I grew up where I could see the stars
Drinking sweet tea from a mason jar
Dogwood trees like leaves through the pines
People on the porch watchin' fireflies
And drivin' round the Wal-mart on a Friday night

I'm just a small town girl
And that's all I'll ever be"
- Kellie Pickler

Xoxo,
Southern Saving Grace




Comments

Popular Posts