Life on a Budget - The Lilly Life

It's no secret that I enjoy some Lilly Pulitzer in my life. Who doesn't love fun colorful outfits, pens, planners, cups, etc? Well, who says you have to pay the Lilly price for it? In college, it was all about the Lilly planner. Whether they were really the best planners for our needs, who knows, but it was a must have. Now, post-grad not only is a planner not as much of a necessity, but there is no way I am shelling out $30 for a decorated calendar. No way Jose.

I know there are blogs out there who do posts about their "life-planners" that are personalized and Ahh-mazing and something crazy like $50+. Well not this girl -- I'm keepin' it real, and we are on a budget ladies and gentlemen. So what's a girl to do to stay organized?

I thought about going to Target to get a cheap planner. I also almost got one at CVS too, you also get 20% off if you get a flu-shot, so I contemplated getting the shot just to get a discount on my planner haha! But then guess what?! My apartment complex was handing out free Clemson planners. Now, at first I turned my nose up to the planner because it wasn't cute and decorative. You have to admit that if you have something that is fun to use or appealing to the eye you are much more excited to use it.

Excited about calendar/planner = Excited about organizing life events = Not missing birthdays/coffee dates/important things = Happy friends, Happy Katie, & Happy productive days

So, here is what I came up with....I still had an old planner from my college days (good thing I'm a hoarder) and decided to repurpose it. I just ripped out some of the pages that were colorful and cut them up to use on my free planner. I taped them to the front and the back and then put layers of tape on the front and back to create a protective layer! Here are some pictures:

Here is the planner before; It's not bad, but wait till you see the after pictures!

Here were all of scraps of paper I had cut out

They even had writing on the back from where I had used the old planner before!
Front                              Back

What do y'all think? I was pretty proud of myself and I have already started using it, I love it! Did you splurge for a new planner or will you use my crafty idea to stay organized?!

XoXo,
Southern Saving Grace

Comments

Popular Posts