And you're gonna hear me ROAR

Who is ready for my weekend recap?! I wanted to start a "Memory Scripture Monday" because I have been memorizing a new scripture each week, but I just have to update y'all on the weekend because it was crazy!

So, we all know that the Tigers beat the Dawgs...OH YEAH BABY! If you thought it was a good game to watch on TV...imagine being in the stadium. Works can't accurately describe the excitement you could feel just oozing out of the fans. We weren't favored to win the game because Georgia was ranked number 5 and we were ranked number 8. However, it was clear that we more than held our own out there on the field.

Clemson had several awesome plays and remained focused on the game for an amazing victory! The coverage of the game has been all over ESPN and after Florida State plays their game tonight we will have rankings. USC's performance against UNC despite a win was sub-par and UGA will drop their ranking after our game. So we are hoping to be in the top 5, but who knows it could even be top 3! Never stop believing! 

So, here were some of the highlights of the game:

1. My ticket

So getting a ticket to the game was a huge blessing! I went to a small group at my church and one of the guys who is a grad student told me that he was working the game. I jokingly asked him for his ticket and he said I could have it! I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, so I emailed him the next day and he went to campus to pick up his ticket and it was all mine...for FREE! These tickets were going for $200 easily...Such a happy girl!


2. Tailgating

We went to one of my cousin Carrie's friends tailgates. Her boyfriend, Andy, was also visiting and we saw some of his friends too! We played corn hole and ate some yummy tailgate food like chicken salad and pimento cheese. I met an awesome guy who is working on starting bible studies at University of South Carolina in Columbia! He attends New Spring, which is a big non-denominational church that has several campuses in South Carolina. We exchanged information and if I end up going to USC next year, he would be an amazing resource to get me connected to students!
This is me and Carrie before the tailgate - we are behind the library on campus!
Me: Dress: JCrew, Bag: Marley Lilly, Necklace: Dillard's
Carrie: Shirt: Entourage (Clemson store), Bag: Fossil, Skirt: JCrew, Necklace: Stella & Dot


 Mid corn hole game...Lisa and I almost beat Carrie and Andy, but they ended up crushing us in the end! Corn hole is always a tailgating favorite!!

3. Finding ANOTHER Ticket

So, we went to the college friends tailgate first and then we were heading to another tailgate to see family friends. As we were walking down the sidewalk I stop dead in my tracks...guess what I saw laying on the ground? A TICKET. Not only did I find a ticket, but it was a hill ticket that didn't require a student id, so Andy could use it! He graduated last spring, so he doesn't have a student id anymore. How lucky are we?? Here was my reaction...

4. The excitement in the Stadium

How could you not get excited for college football?! Especially in your own stadium! Here are the highlights:

Waiting for the Tigers...

Here the are!! Ready to run down the hill...Most exciting 25 seconds in college football!
Selfies! ;-)
 
 A very orange stadium

 After the players run down the hill, they let the balloons off and shoot fireworks..a grand entrance!

This was at the end of the game...we were SO sweaty and tired at this point! The game started at 8pm and we didn't end up getting home until around 1:15am! Craziness!!

Had to drink some tea before bed because I almost lost my voice...I slept well that night!

We found ourselves on ESPN the next day...if you watch the clip of the Tigers running into the stadium you can see Me, Carrie, and Andy between 5:20-5:23...don't ask me how long it took us to figure that out. And yes I just look like a blob here, but it's really me!!

Overall, it was a great game and a great weekend! We have re-watched the game twice already, haha...ESPNU keeps replaying it. I also found my church home on Sunday. I think I will be a regular attender of Clemson Presbyterian, which I am SO excited about!!

How did you spend your Labor Day Weekend?!

XoXo,
Southern Saving Grace


Comments

Popular Posts